Check out our current calendar of events HERE
Get our EMAIL NEWSLETTER for each months activities
The Northside Action Team (NAT) is a volunteer-run, community initiative on the neighborhood scale. We support progressive political candidates in Wisconsin and National elections through information sharing and get-out-the vote campaigns.
NAT is a grassroots community organization comprised wholly of volunteers. Our organization builds community, supports progressive causes and engages voters.
NAT is always seeking curious, motivated, diverse volunteers from the Northside of Madison who are ready to roll up their sleeves and make real change happen.
The impact of local organizing efforts cannot be understated, as seen nationally in the 2020 presidential election. It is on us, as local organizers to help inform our peers and encourage our neighbors to get to the polls.
What does a NAT Volunteer Do?
- Voter Registration – Our City of Madison trained Voter Education Ambassadors host Voter Registration events on the Northside of Madison.
- Volunteer Outreach – Volunteer to Volunteer outreach to recruit other volunteers for voter outreach canvassing or phone banking events.
- Voter Outreach – Knocking doors or calling to ask about voter’s issues of concern, inform them about upcoming elections, and to encourage them to vote for the progressive candidates.
- Manage Events – Support volunteers by setting up the event site, checking-in volunteers, training volunteers, distributing materials, providing snacks, and greeting returning volunteers.
- Data Entry and Volunteer Records – Behind the scenes volunteers keep track of voter responses and volunteer participation.
- Communications – NAT maintains a website, an email newsletter and social media platforms and can always use more help to develop content and spread the word.
What is the Volunteer Commitment?
We only ask for whatever time you have available.
- Some people volunteer with us throughout the year to help sustain NAT and others devote time for the big elections.
- Some volunteers commit to a couple hours a month and others make time every week as elections draw near.
- A core group of volunteers stays engaged to help plan and prepare for each year.
We recognize that everyone has other commitments and sometimes limited energy for politics, each volunteer is asked to contribute what they can, especially in election cycles, and we understand when needs or schedules change.