The Northside Action Team (NAT) is:
- A Wisconsin neighborhood team of volunteers.
- Supporting politically progressive values, initiatives, and candidates.
- Active in Northeast Madison and Maple Bluff neighborhoods since 2008.
- In non-election seasons we ask our neighbors what issues they care about.
- Ahead of an election we encourage voters to vote for the progressive, usually Democrat, candidate.
- We are also active in registering new voters and helping current voters update their registration and request absentee ballots.
Ready to take action? NAT welcomes new volunteers! Join Us!
Our activities include the following:
- Voter Registration – Our trained volunteers set up Voter Registration events on the Northside of Madison.
- Phonebanking to Volunteers – We have a core group of volunteers who make phone calls to recruit other volunteers for canvassing or phonebanking events. New volunteers are always welcome!
- Canvassing and/or Phonebanking to Voters – The goal is to reach out to voters to find out about issues of concern, inform them about upcoming elections, and to encourage them to vote for the progressive candidates.
- Manage Canvass or Phonebank Site – During an event there is a team of people that supports the canvassers by setting up the site, checking-in volunteers, training volunteers, distributing materials, providing snacks, and greeting returning canvassers.
- Data Entry and Volunteer Records – After a canvass event, a team of behind the scenes data entry people enter the responses from people that have been canvassed.
See NAT’s history for more details.